NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY AT PACE.
Location: Pace Cycles UK – Thornton Dale, North Yorkshire
Hours: Part time. Flexible weekdays, normal office hours with possible occasional weekend work if your able to.
Salary: Industry leading dependent on experience.
At Pace, you’re able to thrive in a dynamic workplace surrounded by people who share your passion for riding. For us, it’s essential that all employees are fully dedicated to what they do so that together, we can exceed the high standards we set ourselves, our products and our services. True innovation and a rich variety of hands on tasks where you can actively see the difference you make are just part of our day to day. That’s what’s special about working at Pace. To continue our development of Pace further we are expanding our Service and Technical support offering to both new and existing customers. We are looking to add one highly skilled, highly motivated Workshop Mechanic to play a key role in exceeding customer expectations.
THE JOB This is no ordinary Mechanic position. Providing great customer service is the most important part of our plans to grow the Pace brand and our Technical Service team are the point of contact for Pace service, repair and warranty consumers. Based in our headoffice in Thornton-Le-Dale, this role will be varied but primarily undertake Technical and Mechanical service along with warranty work across the model range of Pace bikes, helping pack orders and allocating stock.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* General mechanical duties on mountain bikes including frame assembly and complete hardtail and full suspension bikes.
* Experience of working with ebike systems including, Shimano and Bosch
* Adoption of predefined timeframes for service works.
* Bike cleaning and degreasing as required.
* Active participation in stock taking and ownership of associated processes.
* Able to follow predefined processes for work and logistics.
* Direct communication to customers.
* Service job estimations to customers.
* Proactive with regular feedback in Project development meetings.
* Act as a contributor to Customer Service.
* Good understanding of IT systems and processes.
THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR We’re looking for someone meticulous and exceptional in everything they do with the following skills and experience:
* Great knowledge of bikes and current trends of riding. It is vital that you’re passionate about bikes and have a desire to demonstrate this through the standard of your work. * A proactive attitude with a work ethic that is unmatched.
* You will have a friendly, helpful and efficient manner and can use this to provide industry leading Technical Service to every Pace consumer.
* You thrive on challenging service cases and take pride in solving problems.
* Previous workshop experience is essential.
* CYTECH qualifications are desirable but not essential if you have the experience.
* Every Pace employee must be able to communicate with our customers effectively. It is critical you have a great telephone manner and excellent written skills.
* IT literate across basic software packages and also have an eye for social media.
* You are tenacious, enthusiastic, passionate, ambitious and committed.
What should you do if you think you fit the bill? Get in touch and tell us why you deserve this fantastic opportunity to be apart of the growing Pace team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a covering letter and importantly your salary expectations. Closing date for applications is Tuesday August 31st.